Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tasty Tuesday: June 19th Edition

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


*Post a Tasty Tuesday recipe on your site and link back to Many Little Blessings. Then sign in the Mister Linky below and you'll be entered to win a {name of company from whom I received a cease and desist email} prize again this week. I can't remember exactly which item it is -- I *think* it is a spreader of some sort. (My {name of company from whom I received a cease and desist email} boxes will be arriving tomorrow!)

Last Week's Winner was: A Juggling Mum's Food Blog

Here is my recipe for the week -- Honey Mustard Steak

I got this meal from a Family Circle Magazine in 2005. I made modifications to it though. I'll type out the recipe as they give it, and then I'll fill you in on what I did differently.

Ingredients:

1 pkg (6 ounces) wild-and-white rice pilaf mix
1 1/2 lbs sirloin steak, 1 inch thick
1/2 cup honey mustard
2 tsp freshly ground steak-house seasoning
1 bunch asparagus

Directions:

1. Prepare rice pilaf mix according to package directions, cooking for about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat gas grill to medium-high or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals. Brust both sides of sirloin liberally with 1/4 cup of the honey mustard. Sprinkle both sides with seasoning. Set aside.
3. Trim ends of asparagus; brush lightly with 1 tablespoon of the honey mustard. Place on grill and cook about 5 minutes, turning to prevent burning. Remove and set aside.
4. Add sirloin to grill and cook 4 minutes pre side, turning once. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
5. To serve, cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces. Stir into pilaf along with remaining 3 tablespoons honey mustard. Slice sirloin acroos the grain. Serve over pilaf.

Now...on to *my* modifications.

First off -- we just totally left off the "steak-house seasoning." No desire for it. LOL

Second -- we don't like asparagus. So, we used chopped frozen broccoli and just steamed it until it was done. Then, we put it in with the pilaf.

Third -- we actually grilled the steak inside on a George Foreman grill.

Okay...now it's your turn!




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

The steak recipe looks wonderful. Thanks for hosting!

Anonymous said...

yum!! wonderful recipe!! Have a great week.

scrapper al said...

Lots of yummy recipes this week. Thanks everyone!