Be sure to check out Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks In My Dryer for links to all kinds of tips and ideas!
Here is my fast and easy motivation to clean the whole house. It's relatively simple to start, but then does involve a lot of work.
So...here it is...
THROW A PARTY!
It doesn't have to be big, but should include people for whom you would want to do serious cleaning for.
I have been bad lately, and haven't been keeping up with cleaning like I should since school started. But, I know that in the next day or so, I will be doing some SERIOUS house cleaning. I don't have time to clean, nor do I really have the inclination to do it. But, darn it -- when my guests come over on Friday, my house *WILL* be clean, whether I like it or not.
So, don't let your messy house keep guests away. Instead, let your messy house invite people in, just so you know you will go into a mad cleaning frenzy before everyone arrives.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
WFMW: Motivation to Clean
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















6 comments:
I came [this] close to posting the exact same thing!
Great minds (with messy houses) must think alike.
Just the other day I had someone over who had never visited. Man, did we pick up the place the night before. At some point in the afternoon, the gal said, "Is your house always this clean?"
I laughed a big, hearty, delighted laugh. "If only you know how horrible it was just a few hours ago!"
"Whew!" she said. "Because I was afraid you were one of 'those' moms."
Nope. All it took was a visitor--not even a party!
Clean my house to throw a party??? YIKES! But you're right, nothing gets you motivated to clean like having people over...even if it's the plumber! :)
Bwahahahahahha, you are brilliant! I read it out loud to my hubby brilliant.
Yep, I'm the same way. Unfortunately, DH doesn't believe this will work, so won't let me invite anyone over. :(
It's a great idea. Works for me every time. Good luck.
That is so true!
Post a Comment