Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday: Starting My Day Off Right

Be sure to check out Works for Me Wednesday on Rocks in My Dryer for great tips on every aspect of life!

My tip for this week is how I attempt to start my day on most days -- with music!

I get up and get the boys out the door for school, and I usually have at least 10 minutes after they are gone before Molly is up. And, honestly, even if she is up by the time I get back into the house, I still usually take 10 minutes, since she is a gal who likes to just play in bed and doesn't mind at all.

Anyway, I use that time to put on my iPod (but keep her monitor on so I can still hear her, of course), and I listen to some music to get me jazzed up for the day. Music is something that is a very powerful thing for me, so this works for me.

Most mornings, I usually listen to something that helps me to center my day -- things like "Awesome God," "Lord, I Lift Your Name on High," "Hail, Holy Queen," just about anything by Jars of Clay and from dc talk's Jesus Freak Album, etc. But, if I know I have more time than to just listen to a couple of songs, I might just listen to anything that is on my iPod that I think is something that will get me going -- anything from Pearl Jam to James to U2 to Barenaked Ladies to...well...whatever! I have just about 800 songs on my iPod, so I have lots of choices from just about every genre.

So, next time you think you need to pep up in the morning (or I also do it when I am on my way somewhere alone in the car or van, and need to pep up), try some music to get you going!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comments:

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

We have very similar tastes in music!

I saw DC Talk when I was a teenager and have been a fan ever since! I also love U2, and my favorite praise song is "Lord, I Lift Your Name On High".

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!