I went to a homeschooling conference this past weekend. Two different speakers during the weekend pointed to three ways to be more organized and try to be less stressed.
They said that the three things we should all be doing to live a better life:
1. Schedule time to pray everyday. (And make sure your kids are praying too, perhaps even during family prayer times.)
2. Get Exercise! Again, make sure your kids are getting some too.
3. Eat a Healthier Diet. Yep, you guessed it. The kids need to be doing that too.
And, as I sat there, I realized that if we made sure to be doing all three of these things everyday, things would certainly change. And, unfortunately, though prayer is the most important, this is one of those situations where "one out of three" just isn't good enough.
Here's my major stumbling block though -- I have two very picky kids.
I would love some ideas for helping those picky kids be a little more open to a more healthy diet. Perhaps you know a healthy recipe that your chicken nugget lover thinks is the best. Or, maybe you have some great tips for trying new foods.
Whatever it is -- I would love to hear it!
Of course, we do have one particular issue (at least for one of the kiddos) in our house. Our oldest has Asperger's Syndrome, and, as such, has difficulties with some food textures.
Any help that you can offer up would be greatly appreciated! And, of course, feel free to write it up on your own blog, if you prefer, and then come link it in the comment section.
Thanks!






















1 comments:
I get my children to eat healthy by eating healthy in front of them and really enjoying it, & sometimes sprinkle a little sugar on berries, or have salad with dinner everyday and talk about how many vitamens are in the vegtables, and what great things they will do for us.
I enjoyed this post, I needed a reminder to get back to healthy eating & how important it is.
Post a Comment