If you're a parent, you know how it usually goes down. You've either had an exhausting day and are finally settling in to a sound sleep or you are staying up late desperately trying to get something done.
Then, in an instant, your plans for the night change because a child is crying.
As usual, I am up late. This time, it is baking cookies for a retreat. Poor Molly woke up screaming about leg pain. (This is not the first time she has complained about the same thing -- almost always in the evening or at night.)
She is back to bed now, but only after a very traumatic event of trying to drink some Tylenol.
My cookies are finally almost done (and I only almost burnt one pan in all the craziness that happened), and I'll close out with sharing some links that I have enjoyed lately.
- It's Never Too Late to Mend Your Ways -- Home Ec 101
- Living Off The Grid Daydreams -- Frugal Dad
- Creating a Frugal Home -- We are THAT Family
- Fun. PreK Style. -- Life with My 3 Boybarians
- Status in the Sight of God -- Conversion Diary
- Write Them on Your Doorframes... -- Wild Olives (this is seriously too cool!)
- Words, Words, Words: Writing Centers -- ABC and 123
- Come Up With 10 Post Ideas -- ProBlogger
- Simple Doughnuts -- Home Ec 101
- One Pot Spring Garden -- Joy the Baker
- 40 Ways to Go Greener at Home -- Simple Mom (be sure to check out the link at number 3 on the list -- some very cool guest writer did that article. Or, maybe I did.)

3 comments:
Poor Molly. I hope it is just growing pains. Morgan has had them and still has them. Sometimes, I see her come out of her bedroom in the morning with an icepack. Thanks for the links....love the doorframe one. Too bad I didn't know this when we were redoing our kitchen door in the house this summer. Hmm, I'll have to think of something else. ;)
As I was reading this I thought..Thank God my little ones haven't gotten a cold in a few weeks...as soon as I finished that sentence I heard the dreaded hacking and coughing and this morning they both have a cold. Comes to show you life is pretty uncertain at times when your a parent..haha. Great post
Ugh, sorry to hear about the growing pains!
Thanks for the links!
Post a Comment