It is not unusual for me to post recipes here or talk about cooking. In my "real life," I have friends that think I am a master chef because I can bake brownies from scratch. (One friend even joked that she didn't know that brownies could be made without a box mix. Or, at least I hoped she was joking.)
As a matter of fact, I'm actually even a writer for Blissfully Domestic's food section!
Okay, it's time for that ugly confession, right?
I've never made scrambled eggs and, quite frankly, I have no idea how to do it. Ditto to pancakes and waffles as well.
If I make pancakes or waffles, they were previously frozen and came in a yellow box that says Eggo on the side. This is not to say that we never have scrambled eggs or real pancakes in our house. It just means that Eric has always been the one to make them, and so I never have.
So, all of this is to say that the next time you have a hankering for a good old fashioned breakfast, make sure Eric is home first. Because my job on those days is to make toast.
photo by amanky
Monday, April 27, 2009
Real Life Confessions: The Breakfast Edition
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I can confess the same thing.
I have made scrambled eggs, but my dh is the breakfast cook around here. My eggs don't compare, and I have not attempted pancakes. I don't want to mess up a good thing.
I don't do breakfast. Don't like to eat it, don't like to cook it. Unfortunately, DH loves breakfast. I will make french toast though. Easy and impressive and a good way to use up leftover bread.
If you want any breakfast meats such as bacon or sausage, DH will be doing the cooking here as well! I love breakfast and can make pancakes, waffles and such, but it is so much simpler to pour a bowl of cereal and milk or to make a bowl of instant oatmeal.
Thats the good thing about someone else cooking breakfast. But if you do ever cook one day, scrambled eggs are the easiest thing in the world.
The only eggs I can make (other than hardboiled) are scrambled.
Haha! Too funny :) I'm a pretty good cook, I have to admit, but I used to have a heck of a time trying to BOIL eggs. I'd have to have Tyson do it! I think I've finally got it down :)
I was so poor in college, I think I ate eggs every day. I have a mean scrambled egg recipe if you feel daring one day. If a college student can do it, you definitely can.
And I make crepes nearly every Sunday. Loooovveee them.
Gordon Ramsey's Scrambled Eggs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU_B3QNu_Ks
they are the best scrambled eggs recipe i have ever had. the best guaranteed. i never knew scrameggs were suppose to have that sort of texture.
Post a Comment