Monday, October 29, 2007

Certainly Something to Ponder On

An important reminder to teach your daughters (and I think your sons too!) that what society shows isn't necessarily what we should be striving for.

Oh...quick note about this video -- there is nothing on this video that can't be seen in magazine ads, TV commercials, and billboards. But, all the same -- it's not a video clip I would want to play with my kids around. It is a good reminder to watch though, but like I said, I would do it in a kid-free zone.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Phyllis Sommer said...

I posted this one too. It's seriously what makes me scared to be the mom of a girl...

Lisa said...

Powerful! And something all parents need to see. We need to shield and protect our children from this world! So sad.

Sharon said...

Wow. This gave me chills.
I hadn't seen it before. How sad. I know I feel the pressure from the constant ads to "improve yourself". Heck, most women I know do, and it reflects in self-esteem and self-confidence.

Thanks for posting this. I may link to it on my blog, if you don't mind.