I have been busy helping with our parish's RCIA program. It certainly does seem lately like every time I turn around, I am doing something else for the program. But, other than occasionally being tired (but, that's for lots of reasons), I am really enjoying it. I think it has been really fun to see other people going through what we went through last year.
One of the moments was especially true at Mass this weekend. (Well...I actually attended Mass with the family on Saturday, and then for RCIA on Sunday morning.) This past weekend was the Rite of Welcoming. I have to admit, I kind of even teared up when they started calling the names of all those going through the process this year and calling them forward. I think it was both because I was excited for everyone (even though they were all nervous...just like we were last year at this time), and also because I remembered when we did it.
I am really thankful that I am having the opportunity to work with the RCIA program. Although, perhaps I am not quite as thankful that I will be having to dress up for our saints party this week!
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Update on Helping with RCIA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















1 comments:
I think it's awesome that you're helping with RCIA. I wanted to volunteer this year, but already committed to my ears at our parish.
I love it though!
Anyway, so happy to have found your blog and a fellow Roman Catholic :-)
Post a Comment