I'm excited to have a new banner for the blog, but it also brings up an important confession that will be told through a very telling statement of Jack's.
We played Monopoly for the first time with the boys earlier this week. Jack had seen that I was the iron last time Eric and I played (after everyone went to sleep, but they came out for a peek), and so he declared that he wanted to be the iron this time.
"Sure thing, Jack," I replied.
"But, Mom," Jack began with uncertainty.
"Yes?"
"What's an iron?" He asked, with a quizzical look.
At this point, I will admit that Eric and I shot each other a look and had to laugh. I then had to explain what an iron was to Jack.
And, so to my confession...
I don't iron.
The banner graphic will just have to be indicative of the fact that I *do* do a lot of things around the house, but ironing is not one of them. We just don't iron in our house. (Well -- except when I have sewn something here, before giving away my junkie sewing machine.)
Perhaps the new banner will be an inspiration to actually do some ironing in 2008. Maybe.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Out of the mouths of babes...
Posted by Angie @ Many Little Blessings at 12:41 PM
Labels: cleaning/laundry, household responsibilities
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















3 comments:
Love the new banner.
Thanks, Nicole! :)
Love the new banner and happy birthday! (Oh, and I don't iron either!)
Post a Comment