Our family really loves our parish. Not only do we love the people, the programs offered, and the priests. We love the actual physical church.
I am a very visual person, and so I must admit that the minute I walked into the church (when we were deciding on which parish to start attending before starting RCIA), I was pretty taken with it. I loved the stained glass windows...the statues...just everything.
Molly also loves the visuals of our parish. She names various saints and members of the Holy Family as she checks out the statues, even if she would seem to suggest that I can't tell the difference between St. Lawrence and Mary.
One of the things she seems to love best are the depictions of an infant or child Jesus. Even when she is being a total pill during Mass, it's hard to get irritated when she then turns to look at a stained glass window to coo over the sweet baby Jesus.
"Look Mom! It's baby Jesus! He was so sweet, Mom!"
And, harder still to get mad when, during Christmas, she insisted to be able to stand on the pew so that she could see over everyone's heads to see the Nativity scene. Not only did she then have to sigh and coo over the baby Jesus, but then she also started moving her arms around and getting a bit out of hand. I quickly tried to settle her, and she then sternly turned to me to announce that she, apparently, had important business.
With scrunched up brow, she declared, "But Mom -- I'm blowing kisses to Jesus!!!"
I said to her, "I think He is blowing kisses to you too."
"He is!" she exclaimed, with great certainty. "He is SO sweet!"
Yes, yes He is. I pray she will always find time to blow Him kisses, because I know He is already blowing them back at her.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Blowing Kisses at Jesus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















4 comments:
That is such a precious story!
BTW, your blog doesn't look right in Firefox. It has what I think are supposed to be sidebars, 3 of them, above your posts. You have to scroll down a lot to find the posts.
She is sweet too!
I think you should show this post to anyone who thinks that statues and stained-glass are unnecessary. All moms know that these are among the first things that help our children learn about our faith. And what's more necessary than that?
Lorri -- thanks for letting me know. I just changed things around yesterday. Let me see if I can change some margin numbers, etc. and check it in Firefox myself. Thanks for the heads up!
This is totally a LO in the making and you already have your journaling done! I guess in some respects I'm thankful that Sunday school takes place while I'm in regular service!
Post a Comment