Sunday, February 17, 2008

Prayer from Mother Teresa

A few months ago, things were really crazy. We were having some issues with people we knew, and it was really getting Eric and I down. Plus, things just in general were busy. It was overwhelming.

At the height of feeling overwhelmed with it all, I used a certain bathroom on our church's campus that I had never used before. I found this prayer that I had never heard before taped to the inside of the bathroom door. I suspect it was the Holy Spirit, not my bladder, that urged me into that bathroom.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere, people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

-Mother Teresa


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I've seen this before but it's always good to see it again. What a great reminder!

Trudy said...

Wow, that is perfect. I'm going to print that out. My homeschooling Consultant just recommended the book, Mother Teresa in the Shadow of Our Lady by Joseph Langford, M.C. In it Mother Teresa said there are three things to be happy:

1. loving trust in God
2. complete surrender to God
3. cheerfulness

I need to work on all three. Thank you for her beautiful words. She was a genius.