I started having issues on Friday trying to open my blog in Internet Explorer. It kept appearing to load all the way, and then all of the sudden a message would pop up that Internet Explorer couldn't display the page and it would also say "Operation Aborted." I could get into my dashboard to play around with things, but couldn't actually go to my blog.
So, I got a little antsy, but I thought I would wait until it worked again. I felt some comfort in knowing that the same thing happened when I visited another blog, so maybe then it wasn't just me.
Anyway -- here I am to pass along the fix for this problem, in case anyone else is running into the same issue. I looked on Google and came upon Blogger's Help Page only to find out that many people were having the same problem!
Someone on this thread advised people that it was a Sitemeter issue. So, if you have Sitemeter on your blog and are having similar issues, you might want to consider removing your Sitemeter coding, at least while they work out some bugs, apparently.
Now, I know that at least one person will feel compelled to post the benefits of using Mozilla for exploring or the like. But, at least from my stats, I know that Internet Explorer just seems to be used more by my readers at least. So, if you use Sitemeter, you might want to check and see if your blog is coming up okay in Internet Explorer.
Just thought I might save someone else the trouble of pulling out their hair like I was doing!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
If You're Having Trouble Opening Your Blog in Internet Explorer...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
A friend of mine uses Stat Counter and I had checked it out, debating over whether or not I wanted to switch. I hate change, but I'm rather OCD about checking my site stats, so after Site Meter went on the fritz last night, I decided to insall Stat Counter, at least until Site Meter was back up and running.
While I'm not especially crazy about the way some of the graphs and things are displayed on Stat Counter, it really does give A LOT more detailed info than Site Meter.
It's free, so you might want to check it out...at least until Site Meter is fixed, if nothing else.
That explains a lot! I thought I had a virus on my laptop! Now I know it wasn't just me. Thanks.
the other day I was having similar issues. That is, I was visiting other blogspot blogs, and they would appear to load, and then I'd get the "operation aborted" message. I thought something was wrong with my computer at first, but when I ran a check I found nothing. I'm happy to see the problem was not with my computer.
I'm glad it wasn't just me not being able to get onto your site! Glad you are up and running again :)
Post a Comment