Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Easy, Beautiful, and Tasty "Ice" Ring for The Punch Bowl


One of my favorite recipes for an easy punch for parties is super simple. Just one can of pineapple juice (the size you would buy in the juice aisle) to one two liter bottle of either raspberry or strawberry soda. (I just buy the generic store brand.)

Because I typically don't have a lot of refrigerator room when we are having a party, I can't keep all of the juice and soda for the punch in there. So, this could mean for the need to throw ice in the punch bowl. Of course, not only is that not so pretty, but then the ice melts and waters down the punch.

Before one party, however, I had a brainstorm. I filled a pretty bundt pan half way with equal parts of the pineapple juice and soda that I was going to use for the punch. Then, I also put in sliced strawberries (and sometimes orange slices). Then, just pop this into the freezer (preferrably over night, or at least until frozen solid).

I love that not only is this pretty, but when it melts, it doesn't water down the punch. (Plus, some lucky party guests end up with some fruit slices in their punch -- one of my favorite parts!)

Do you have a favorite punch recipe?

This post is linked to Works for Me Wednesday, Tasty Tuesday, & Kitchen Tip Tuesday.

11 comments:

mub said...

I've heard of freezing ice cubes out of the drink you're using, but to use a bundt cake pan is brilliant! It probably doesn't melt nearly as fast either. Thanks for the great tip!

Anonymous said...

Angie,
What a great idea!! I always hated watered down punch...or anything as far as that goes. I am going to do this for my stepdaughters shower. Thanks!!

the dwellers said...

I found this post from the WFMW link. Just wanted to thank you for the tip.

My friend's grandmother uses a punch ring and loans it out sometimes. It works wonderfully and I have always wanted one. Never thought to use my bundt pan... great idea!

nicole said...

You're smart. That looks pretty.

Got the Rosary. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I'll have to remember that one.

Phoebe @ GettingFreedom said...

What a great idea, and pretty too! I love the idea of throwing in some fruit slices--thanks. :)

Anonymous said...

That is such a neat idea... I love when you can have several uses for one item...

Sue

Madison Sanders said...

Yes, ice rings are very useful AND pretty! :)

Shannon said...

Fantastic idea!!

Connie said...

Angie,

I have used this idea, and you are right, it works great. Here's one of my favorite easy punch recipes that I've used with a Bundt ice ring. I add lemons to the ring.

Yellow Punch

1 package of pre-sweetened lemonade flavored Kool-aid

1 large can pineapple juice

Mix lemonade powder and pineapple juice in a gallon container. Finish filling with water.

You can use 2 c. sugar and 2 packages of unsweetened lemonade Kool-aid, if you prefer.

I am so glad to get your punch recipe! I needed a new one!

MaRiN said...

What an awesome idea! Looks great.