Thursday, August 27, 2009

In Tears About My Faith and Church













This week, I have had a few different opportunities to be with people from my church, as well as to be with my homeschooling group (which is a Catholic homeschooling group). Apparently it was just exactly what I needed.

How do I know that?

Well, last night, I was thinking about my church (both my own parish and the larger Church) and all of the people who have come into our lives since we began our conversion process in 2006. While I thought about it, I was flooded with emotion. It literally felt like my whole body filled with an emotion that was taking up every inch of my insides.

And then, I cried.

I cried because I think the emotion all had to go somewhere. While I cried, I couldn't help but say out loud, "Thank you, God."

It's hard to believe that only a few years ago, we made up excuses on Sunday mornings not to go to church, because we felt such a disconnect that we couldn't bring ourselves to go. And then here we are now, with me crying because I love our faith so much.

It's kind of crazy and amazing all at the same time. And, as far as I'm concerned, it's about the best finer thing out there.






9 comments:

Sharon said...

What a beautiful post. I am very happy for you.

Mimi said...

Awesome! God is good!

Erin @ Closing Time said...

I completely agree. I consider my faith to be the finest of the finer things!

Charlotte said...

Totally cool. Good for you.

Sue said...

Beautiful! I have to admit that I felt a bit envious reading this post.

Toni said...

beautiful:-) It is so wonderful when god does that:-)

Amy @ Finer Things said...

I so badly need to light a fire under my faith. I signed up to teach this year's confirmation class so that I could go through it all with a vibrant group of teenagers. If that doesn't do it... :)

Panamamama said...

Lovely! I love the picture too. So sweet.

Holly Rutchik said...

Angie,
This is beautiful! I pray for you and your family to welcome this Grace, and to use it to help you love the Church if and when this grace is absent from your heart! God bless!!