Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Holy Cow! That's some good cleaner! (WFMW)

I was in Walmart a month or so ago, and ran across this big display near the groceries of a biodegradable, organic cleaner. And, even better -- it was pink and was only $1.00/bottle. So, I picked it up!



I will admit that I didn't get to use it right away, since I already had other cleaner that I was using. But, seriously -- why not try out a $1.00 all purpose cleaner, right?



So, the first test that made us say out loud "HOLY COW!" was when Eric used it to clean off our white board. We have tried all kinds of methods of cleaning and types of cleaners on it, and still it always looked not so great (especially since we started using a green marker on it). But, with the Holy Cow, the board literally looked brand new. We were shocked!



Then, since it says one of it's uses is carpets, we thought we'd give it a try (although we didn't think too long on that decision) when Jack spilled a strawberry shake from Sonic on the dining room floor. In the instant after he dropped it, our carpet was already shaded pink. Augh! But, just moments after using Holy Cow, it was totally gone!



We actually had another opportunity for the same demo later in the weekend when Molly accidently flung a plate off the table that had not only ketchup on it, but also chocolate pudding. Again, Holy Cow came through!



Since I only had one bottle, and then I read online that Walmart wasn't carrying it anymore, I rushed there to pick up more of this miracle cleaner. None was to be had.



On a lark, I went to the clearance section, and there I found them. Marked as having originally been $1.93/bottle (I suspected that when I got the one of $1.00 that they were trying to get rid of them), they were now $.25 for a 24 oz bottle.



Needless to say, we are now more than stocked on them, and I even picked up some of the glass cleaner as well, which were also $.25/bottle.



I really recommend trying out this cleaner if you can find it! There is a list of retailers on their site or you can purchase from them online. But, by all means, if you have a Walmart, be sure to check out the clearance section for this, just in case!



Be sure to check out lots of great tips and ideas at Works for Me Wednesday hosted by Rocks in My Dryer!










Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comments:

ttelroc said...

Don't you just hate it when you find something that works and it is discontinued! Good thing we now have worldwide shopping. Thanks for the tip!

Kristin