Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Rosary for Noah and A Rosary for Etsy

It had been quite a while since I had time to sit down and actually create something. Seriously. I hadn't done any scrapbooking, nothing particularly crafty, no rosaries or bracelets -- nothing.

So, in preparation for Noah's First Communion on Sunday, I finally carved out some time to make him this Rosary, with St. Michael the Archangel as the centerpiece.

It was actually funny that I had done this and hid it away, because just a day or so later, Noah picked up the St. Michael prayer card on Eric's dresser and was commenting on it. We talked a lot about St. Michael, and I felt pretty good about what I had chosen for him after that talk.

I figured he might be less than enthusiastic about it when he opened it (especially since there was also $20.00 in the box with it), but he was excited and gave me a great big hug.


And, as long as I had everything out to work, I also made this Rosary to list on Etsy (the pictures link to the listing of it). I also thought it would be a perfect First Communion Rosary, but, of course, for a girl.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been enjoying your First Communion stories and Noah's excitement. What a blessing! I wanted to ask what size/type of stringing do you use for your rosaries? I've made some but they are a little stiff, but nylon string doesn't go with the metal centerpiece and cross. Your rosaries are beautiful.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Thanks for the compliment both on the posting about First Communion (nice to know there's at least one person who is not tired of it -- LOL) and on the Rosaries!

I use .19 flexwire (softflex) for the Rosaries. It's important to not string them too tightly as well, as that can cause stiffness.

Sarah said...

those are beautiful! how did you ever learn to make them?

Rosemary said...

How nice! And what a confirmation that you had chosen the St. Michael medal before your conversation. Very sweet rosaries. I like to make rosaries for my children's first sacraments too.