Sunday, November 23, 2008

Daddy Flavored Cough Syrup

Jack was having a great deal of coughing, and so we opted to give him some cough syrup before bed. We were in the middle of our nightly group hug (all five of us together), and Jack inquired, "What flavor is the cough syrup?"

Not really knowing what flavor it was (without looking), I jokingly said the first thing that I looked at, "It's Daddy flavored," I said with a laugh.

Very matter-of-factly, Noah chimed in, "That means it's cinnamon flavored."

Needless to say, we all burst out laughing. I have no idea how he decided on that one, or how it came so quickly to him, but the next time I kiss Eric, I will be sure to see if I detect a hint of cinnamon.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, my daughter is also coughing a lot. I gave her some medicine, but it didn`t help. My mother told me to prepare an onion syrup. A layer of sliced onion, the layer of sugar, then again onion and sugar. Put it on the radiator to keep it in a warm place. It will release a syrup.
By the way, in Christmas time we will smell that cinnamon and vanilla in the air, when we will be preparing some cakes. Have a nice day.

Maria Rose said...

I love that story! I also love that you have a nightly group hug. How lucky.

Nancy Carabio Belanger said...

Oh, that is so sweet! Don't you just love the innocent, new way kids look at things? An adult would never say that, and that's what makes it so special!

Anonymous said...

When me and my sister were small, my Dad said he wanted to go on a diet, and she piped in that she wanted to go to!

Kids say the funniest things!