Saturday, November 15, 2008

Many Little Links: The Feverish Vow Renewal Edition


Okay, so a fever and renewing of vows actually had nothing to do with one another, except they all happened on the same day.

Eric and I spent the longest time that we've spent together away from the children in literally years. How long were we gone?

Weeks?

No.

Days?

No.

Hours?

Yep.

In our almost eight hours away, we went to a marriage enrichment retreat at church. We had a nice day, and had a lot of chances to laugh and visit with each other. To top off the retreat, we even had the chance to renew our marriage vows!

And the fever?

That's from poor Jack. Apparently he had a fever all day long while we were gone, and it has continued. The highest was 103. Poor guy -- he's been feeling pretty tired and hot.

I felt bad that we were away, but also thankful that my parents were so great that they didn't even call to let us know, thinking that we would feel that we needed to come home. Thanks Mom and Dad!

So, while it may be getting chilly outside, things are hot at our house (if you sit close enough to Jack). While I try to rest after taking care of him, you can visit some links from around the web:

Arts & Crafts:

An Easy Silhouette -- Chasing Cheerios

Handmade with Love -- Minnesota Mom (Be sure to read through the comments!)

Turkey Dressing Felt Board & Felt Snowman Activity -- Chasing Cheerios

Learn How to Knit Video -- Blissfully Domestic (by a tad bit prudish)

Drawing Lesson: Foreground, Middle Ground, and Background -- The Crafty Crow (by Art Projects for Kids)

Decorating:

Transform your laminate countertops with paint -- Blissfully Domestic (by It All Started With a Kiss) -- I totally wish I had the moxie to do this

Learning Ideas & Schooling:

Math Mini Offices -- Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers

Pipe Cleaner Work -- Chasing Cheerios

"School in a Bag" for Toddlers -- Blissfully Domestic (by Ramblin' Road)

Activities for Traveling -- Let's Explore - Creative Activities for Preschoolers

Dorling-Kindersley Eyewitness Books & Children's Books in Other Languages -- The Pioneer Woman - Homeschooling

Blogging:

In which I take a stand against blogger marketing spam -- Absolutely Bananas

Finances:

Frugally Baking for Christmas...and for the Rest of the Year -- A Simple Walk

Eleven (Nearly) Effortless Ways to Save Money Each Month -- Frugal Dad

iTunes U: Frugal Continuing Education -- Frugal Hacks


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


photo by Wellstone

4 comments:

Hesses Madhouse said...

So glad you got to get away. How nice! Hope Jack is feeling better today. Thank you for all the links. I've been wondering what to do wiht my "retro" countertops. You've answered an age old question for me. Thank you so much!

Arlene said...

Aww, poor little guy! I hope he is feeling better soon so you can get some rest!

Glad you and your hubby were able to get away, if only for a few hours; I'm sure it was a refreshment to your souls and your marriage (as it was supposed to be) :o)

Oh, and thanks for all the great links, too.

Lorie said...

How great that you got away! It is so important to enrich your marriage every chance you get. It isn't often, even if you have a great marriage and you communicate well, that you actually talk about your MARRIAGE! Good for you for taking the opportunity!

Mimi said...

I didn't see that as a thermometer at first, just saying...

I am a huge, huge, huge proponent of "date night" and "couple time" - I'm glad you got some until your poor little guy was ill, hope he feels better soon.