I recently took up the challenge to complete 31 scrapbooking layouts in 31 days (one for each day of October). Each day had a specific challenge to meet -- from particular sketches to hidden journaling to using at least one orange button on a layout.
I can hardly believe it, but I finished! Color me shocked!
I would say that I don't want to scrapbook for months to come, but I'm headed off to a big crop soon. Hopefully instead of making me not want to do anything, it will just help to get my mojo going.
We can hope, right?
Does anyone else out there scrapbook? When was the last time that you worked on a layout or project?
Monday, November 3, 2008
31 Layouts in 31 Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















7 comments:
Yes, I scrapbook. I am soooooo far behind. I started my oldest son's scrapbook a few months ago. He is turning 4 on Saturday. :)
Haven't even touched my youngest son's yet.
Before kids, I made wedding scrapbooks for friends as gifts (some of showers, memory ones of the bride and groom, etc). I think I turned out something like 4 whole scrapbooks in one year. Then came kids. Heh.
Good for you! I haven't completed a challenge like that in a couple years now. I don't know what is wrong with me, ugh!
I'm more of a collector myself, I have barely bought anything at all the last 2 years & still have more then I know what to do with. I even let my kids get into it on occasion which is something I never used to do.
Again, congrats that is an awesome accomplishment!
I don't even want to talk about the last time I did a scrapbook page. I think it has been almost a year! I'm so behind its depressing. Congratulations on getting your 31 pages done. Very cool!
@ Mandy -- I totally know what you mean! I got a lot less scrapbooking done the more kids that I have had. LOL Isn't it ironic? As you have more to scrapbook, you have less time. LOL
@ Ginny -- I am totally a collector of supplies too! I have been trying to not buy, knowing that I haven't been scrapbooking. I've made it my new goal to really use up some of the things that I have. When I was doing my October challenge, I used things that I had literally had for years.
@ Karin -- Maybe make it a goal to do just two layouts in a month or something? Maybe just something small could get you working on it!
Awesome, congratulations!
I scrapbook, but it has been a while since I finished a page (I have several that need "just a bit of journaling" though)
it's been so long i can't even justify calling myself a scrapbooker anymore.
time, space and money are all on short supply.
congrats on such an accomplishment though! i'd love to see pics if you plan to post them.
me, me, me - I usually scrapbook once a month with some friends. I know I'll never get caught up but it's fun trying... and maybe someday when the kids are grown, I'll have more time and less pictures to take. :)
Post a Comment