We upgrade phones just before Christmas to these fun and text worthy phones -- the LG enV2.
Yep...all seven of us (that includes my parents, who are also on our plan) trudged into the Verizon store on a blustery day to satisfy my texting needs.
Okay, no, it wasn't all just for my texting needs. We were actually at the point where we could sign a new contract, and then with Eric's discount from work and Verizon running a deal at that time with buy one enV2, get one free, it just seemed like the thing to do.
We did go with a higher plan, but this was for a frugal move. We were on a plan that did not include free texting. Not a big deal, really. Except that with just a text or two a day between Eric and I (usually a "can you pick up milk on your way home?"), we were often paying $10 extra a month on our bill for just a handful of texts. Now, for just about $10 more per month, we get unlimited texting.
The benefit of unlimited texting for me?
Well...besides the ability to send Eric a quick message while he is at work without having to actually bug him, I get to wake up many mornings to the following message, "Good morning, Starshine. The Earth says hello."
And, darn it, that just makes me laugh every time. (Bonus points to you if you know what movie that is from.)
So...do you text? What are your texting habits (only a few per week or hundreds per day, mostly to a spouse or close friend or are you texting a guy you met on a bus once and his aunt in Phoenix)?
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
DO U TXT?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















8 comments:
Nope, don't text. My phone is, as my sil says, an Amish phone. ;) It would be too much of a pain to text. But I know the movie...Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Do you know the song that is from? :)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, a la Johnny Depp. That's one of my favorite lines from the movie.
Nope, we don't text. As a matter of fact, we have it blocked from our phones so that friends don't text us and run up our bill.
We're hermits like that. ;-)
I just upgraded, but not to a QWERTY keyboard, so my texts are very short.
Ds got a phone with the keyboard for Christmas, and we now have an unlimited texting plan. I'm a bit wary.
Kris -- that's one of my favorite lines from the movie too. I love that whole part with the melting dolls. LOL I also like when he said about almost everything being "eatable."
I do text and I crave a phone with a QWERTY pad to be more efficient. Several of our (college-age) babysitters prefer to text, because they rarely have enough talking minutes. I love texting my husband when he is out with the guys b/c it gives me an unobtrusive way to check in. We are due for a new contract in February and I will be checking out the phones.
I live in England and most people text here because it is much cheaper to do that than talk here.
We have a different system because it is the sender, not the receiver, who pays for the call.
I don't do much texting because it is too fiddly but I have recently changed my provider and this one has a web text facility where I can send a text via my phone but type on my laptop keyboard!
Nicole -- I have had several of my families that I do therapy for their kids that will text me when they need to cancel or reschedule appointments, just like your babysitters. I have to admit, it is often so much more convenient for quick things.
Nope, no texting here. Don't see the use in it. Yet another thing to deal with. No thank you. I don't even turn my cell phone on everyday (at least I have cell phone, lol).
Post a Comment