Sunday, December 14, 2008

Helping Siblings Shop for Each Other

I am writing again this week at Happy to be at Home! Here is a highlight...
Italic

One of the most vivid memories I have about Christmas growing up was one year when my school had a Christmas shop. (This was back in the day when they still could have called it a Christmas shop, mind you.) The idea of this little store is that kids could bring money and shop for their families. The reason that I remember it so clearly is because I remember the pride and delight I felt to be able to do some shopping all by myself.

I realized last year that I had never given my own children that same opportunity for a sense of pride and giving come Christmas morning. I knew that I had to remedy that situation. However, they thought of taking them into a store and asking them to pick out things frightened me. So, I took a cue from my memory of Christmas shopping at school and carried on with my idea.

If you would like to read the rest of this article, you'll need to head over to Happy to be at Home!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 comments: