Are you and your spouse compatible?
I'm not talking about in love or other matters of the heart, I'm talking about sleep patterns.
It seems like I often hear about night owls walking down the aisle with early risers. So, I wondered -- which happens more -- do more people marry someone with the same sleep patterns or opposite?
Personally, I am a night owl. I have been forever. My Mom is, and so is my oldest son. It's like it's in our blood. Eric, on the other hand, is an early riser. Some of that is because of necessity, and some of it is just because that's how he's wired.
Pop over and let me know if you married someone who has the same sleep patterns as you.





















9 comments:
I'd say we have the same sleep patterns, we go to bed around 11. However since he snores so loudly, I end up getting up very early like 3 or 4 and staying up.
of course we don't have the same sleep patterns-i didn't think any married couple does-i am the night owl-he is the early riser-but then again-he goes to work-my work is here at home-i can't sleep without some kind of open window-air circulation-he hates it if the fan is on-but isn't that what makes the sparks fly? =)
We are pretty compatible. We both enjoy staying up late, but he has to go to be in order to get up a little before 5 o'clock in the morning for work. The only real difference in our sleep patterns is that I need ALOT more sleep than he does. And, of course, he is a heater and I am always freezing but a dual electric blanket has help us with that! :)
I'm the early riser & he's the night owl.
Yep, my sweetie and I are compatible. We prefer being night owls and sleeping in late, though his schedule doesn't usually afford him that luxury.
As I am sitting here at nearly 1am typing this, my husband has been upstairs asleep for more than 2 hours. Definitely NOT on the same sched!
I'm the first out of bed in the mornings and the last to bed at night...I haven no idea what he is....but I still adore him!
Dh works third shift, but he's definitely NOT a "morning" person- and neither am I!
My husband and I are both night owls. We'll say goofy things to each other like "You can't make me stay up any later--I'm going to bed!" when one of us realizes the time, but the truth is that if neither of us had any reason to HAVE TO BE coherent before, say, NOON, we would stay up until 1:30-ish every single night. However, I seem to need more sleep than him (and that may simply be because I am the one the kiddos wake up in the middle of the night/early morning).
Post a Comment