One of my favorite things to do after the kids go to bed on a weekend is to play a game with Eric. The only problem is -- it has been ages since we did that. (We also try to have one weekend night that we watch a Netflix movie.)
Tonight I was really thrilled that we sat down and played some Trivial Pursuit.
On a thought provoking note, I remember that for years, when we would play these kinds of games, I would easily beat Eric in no time at all. But, he's so good natured that he would play anyway. Well, I have to admit, for the past few years, it is more of a challenge, and I find myself telling him, "You're really smart." He doesn't seem to be sure how to take that, but I mean it as a compliment. (Actually, he sometimes says, "That's your nice way of saying, 'You used to be really stupid.'" That is, in fact, not true.)
While you go visit some links that I have enjoyed around the blogosphere lately, I will leave you with a thought that I have had a lot -- either Eric is becoming super smart or giving birth three times has made me slowly lose my mind. Personally, I'm rooting for Eric. Then again, I usually am.
- Sweet Escapes: 6 Tips to Create The Life You've Always Dreamed Of -- The Inspired Room
- Practical Frugality ~ Baby Steps -- The Happy Housewife
- When Simplicity and Frugality Intersect -- Simple Mom
- Lies and Confession: The Case of the Stolen Pacifier -- Conversion Diary
- Free Basic Music Theory Study Guide -- Five J's
- Dead Simple Guide to Beating Procrastination -- Zen Habits
- Bingo (in French) -- Sycamore Stirrings
photo by Vitó





















2 comments:
Such an adorable post about your husband and game nights!
As to the "brain" issue: someone told me once that our brains shrink 8% per pregnancy...my dh says that that means I have just about had a lobotomy seeing as we have ten children, LOL!!!
Oh my, Judy! I took a drink right while I read your comment and almost spit it out on my computer. LOL
Post a Comment