
Welcome to the partiers from 5 Minutes for Mom's Ultimate Blog Party 2009!
Here at my little party spot you can find lots of goodies -- but, sadly, no meat because today is Friday! But, I didn't give up chocolate for Lent, so I will be sure to serve up some! (Of course, if it was summer time, we could have fresh veggies from my garden!)
My name is Angie, and I'm a Catholic homeschooling Mom to three kids (ages nine, seven, and four). Our oldest son has Asperger's Syndrome (high functioning Autism) and our other son has issues with high anxiety, and then when you throw in a sometimes sassy little sister, interesting things are always happening at our house. Really though -- we have been blessed by three pretty darn good kids.
Here at Many Little Blessings, I write mostly about faith, family, and household management topics (cooking, cleaning, menu planning, and the like), as well as posts about crafting, homeschooling, going green (including gardening), and attempting to live a more content life.
From time to time, I even add a new free downloadable Mommy Calling Card design!
Speaking of giving away things, I'm sure that you're here for the giveaway! So, I won't waste anymore time.
One randomly chosen winner will receive a $25 Amazon.com gift certificate!
There are three different ways to enter the drawing. You can do one of them, two of them, or all three!
The contest starts now and will end on March 27th at 11:59 pm EST. You can enter by one (or all) of the following ways:
1. Leave a comment on the post with one tip that works for you around your house or in your life OR you can leave a comment about something you would like to hear me write about in the future (about one of the topics listed, such as homeschooling, going green, cleaning, menu planning, crafty stuff, etc).
2. Post on your blog or twitter about this giveaway, and then come back and post a link in the comments.
3. Subscribe to Many Little Blessings. Leave a comment to let me know!
Winner: ljsfunone





















125 comments:
What a GREAT header!! ^_^ Very cool. I'm interested in the giveaway, but that's actually not why I visited. I lover your blog name... that's what drew me here.
What works for me? hmmm... well, letting things go. By that I mean, not allowing myself to feel anxious about every little thing that needs to be done and allowing myself to get to some things later than I would prefer. This is an ongoing lesson I'm striving to learn - easier some days than others. ^_^
I would have to say the tip that works best for me in the kitchen would be having ground beef already cooked and frozen in the freezer. I cook it in large batches. Then divide it up and freeze it. It's so handy to use for anything. Saves time and pans used. Great blog!
God bless,
Amanda
How generous of you for the give-aways! Party hopping here and nice to meet you :)
Hi,
Nice to meet u in this UBP 09.
I am participate in UBP 09 as well, my personal‘s blog, photo‘s blog, and travel‘s blog. Hope you visit mine as well . Thanks
Hi!
A tip that works for me - I have a three-ring binder that I keep on my kitchen counter. In the front is our master schedule. There is a tabbed divider for each of our four kids (where I keep individual schedules, important papers, etc.). And, in the front pocket, I keep papers that I will need to return to school or address in some other way. This definitely helps me stay organized and on top of our busy schedule. Thanks!
Fun! I love your mommy calling cards. So cute. I can't wait to look around your blog more--sounds like we have some of the same interests...well, at least I TRY to be interested in home management! ;)
I also have a kids/parent blog about raising your kids for the Lord---check out our party there if you get a chance: http://tinyurl.com/ubp-iyk
:)
a
What works for me? Well, in my room I have three laundry baskets. Each is labeled. One for jeans, one for whites TO BE BLEACHED, and a third for colors. This has helped me out tremendously and is such a time saver since my hubs helps with the clothes sorting! Now... if I could only get the three little boys of mine to sort, too! :)
Tweet Tweet: http://twitter.com/boysrulemylife/status/1360238247
I subscribe, too!
Stopping by to say hello! Great party...stop by for your chance to win my door prize.
Lisa
My tip: Kill flies on contact with spray bottle filled with rubbing alcohol and 4 drops of your favorite essential oil. I use spearmint. No pesticides and great scents!
I subscribed!
http://twitter.com/lisasamples/status/1360964419
Tweeted
Thanks for doing this! Always nice to find out about new blogs!
I love you blog! My tip would be to wash windows with cornstarch and hot water - the combo makes them shine! Thanks :)
i like your space here angie. it's a lot like simple mom, only catholic! God bless your endeavors
I like using disinfecting wipes like Clorox or a lint roller to sweep the edges of the bathroom and get all of the grossness quickly!
Nice giveaway, thanks!
I'm just party-hopping this morning to see how many new people I can meet. I enjoyed your blog, and I subscribed so I'll be sure to come back.
I'll be interested in reading your homeschooling posts. I'm always looking for more tips.
And what a generous giveaway! Thanks so much!
Hi Angie! My son just planted tomato seeds, which are among the first to be started indoors. We grow them on top of the fridge, which is ideal because it is warm and receives lots of indirect light throughout the day. He is using some of the plants for his science fair project. The rest will go into my new planting beds, which I intend to build with some leftover lumber soon. There are directions in this month's issue of Better Homes and Gardens.
Thanks for hosting this contest!
My best "works for me" tip is menu planning. I like to brainstorm the menu for the week. Even if I don't exactly follow it, it helps me to have that structure there.
Oh yeah--I'm subscribed!
Would love to see more contests since I loe them so much!
Great Blog! Nice to meet you! Come visit me at www.feedyourpigblog.com We have some great contests going on!
hmm cleaning I try to keep a weekly schedule, and if I fall behind and ver everytime there is a commerical on tv I tidy up a bit
I'm party blogging! :) nice to meet you and very nice of you to have a giveaway! What works for me is to always plan my shopping trips (drug or grocery store) before I go. That way I know what I will spend and won't buy extras, which add up.
Hi Angie! Nice to meet you! Gratitude works for me in my life! Following on blogger. Party on from an old hippie grandma!
I'm a fellow homeschooling Mom and haven't put up my UBP post yet! One tool that works for me is the "Ultimatest Grocery List," which you can get a free PDF of here. I try to keep a copy in the kitchen and highlight the items I need the next time I go to the store.
One tip that works for me around the house is to clean the sink with the remaining peel every time I use a lemon. I use them often enough that the sink is always fairly clean, and the lemon juice gets the stainless steel shiny.
Hi Angie! I'm in with your first poster, your name piqued my interest, but I was pleasantly surprised by the giveaway. I agree with you - you DO have lots of goodies on this site, and fun! I'm so glad I found you.
I would love to read your tips/advice on how to live a more content life. I've been struggling with that and would love to read your opinions. How much is enough?
I'm enjoying the blog party, hope you are too.
I twittered your giveaway here http://twitter.com/janetmom2maya/status/1362922558
Isn't twitter cool? I giggle every time I say "I tweeted".
Have a blessed day, new friend!
I'm a new subscriber and very much looking forward to reading your posts. Yay UBP for connecting us!
oops, I didn't put my email on any other comments. yikes!
mayacarpenter at verizon dot net
What a cute blog. I'd like to hear about how to clean out the microwave. Its driving me nuts and I try to clean and clean but there has to be something better than using chemicals. I tried the bowl of water to steam it but I think there is something missing. ANy tips?
New to blogging so any tips would help. Congrats on your 2nd bloggy party. this is my 1st.
Happy Party Day !!
Always happy to do my part to drive some traffic to your site! :o)
http://worldtraveler.typepad.com/finding_my_way/2009/03/its-a-party.html
I try to "do ahead" as much as possible in the kitchen: dicing veggies, steaming carrots, making mashed taters, etc...one day a week. This makes cooking the rest of the week much faster and easier.
my best tip is to keep a shopping list on your fridge or counter and add each item as you run out or run low. I also keep a weekly menu on the fridge so everyone in the house knows what not to use. This way I never have to run to he store thru the week.
Things go smoother around here when I stick to a menu and double cook then freeze. But I could always use more meal planning input!
sylviarj at yahoo dot com
Oh, and I subscribe!
Thanks!
My best tip is to clean up messes as they occur. It might take 10 seconds to clean a spill now that will take 2 minutes to scrub later. That time adds up!!! :) Thanks for the giveaway!
I'm a subscriber. Thanks again!
Just going from party to party to see how others are doing this blogging thing.
what works for me in the house is to just do it! don't dread it, just clean it, wash it, fold it, pay it and its done, I've found I have more time if I don't dread it
My prize is #115 check it out!
Have a good weekend blog partyn'!
Hi Angie! I've been subscribed for a while now....
My tip: I've bought my kids each 2 sets of towels (bath towel, hand towel, and washcloths). Each child has a different COLOR, so that when they are left out, I know who to call to pick up the towel! We've gone to color-coding other things with the same colors - it helps get things to the right kid!
Hi Angie,
I am stopping by from The Ultimate Blog Party to check your blog out. What a great week we are in for!
Check out my place for your chance to win a LeapFrog Tag Reading System. :)
Stacie
The Divine Miss Mommy
http://www.thedivinemissmommy.com
http://www.twitter.com/stacieinatlanta
welcome to the party! i try to do laundry every day and keep the house tidy - otherwise total chaos would break out! i'm hosting a giveaway too
Hi Angie, nice to "meet" you! One tip that helps around my house is to never accumulate clutter! We move so frequently that I like to clean out stuff and get rid of unused items every few months. I try to pass the items on to other missionary families in our area or to local people who cannot afford our "luxury" items (like kids clothing and toys). This also helps my kids see that giving is a way of life! Thanks for the awesome giveaway and happy UBP!
I love the subtitle to your header! I'm interested in going green and liked your post about the family garden. Any suggestions for simple plants for city dwellers who don't have a ton of space? Thanks!
I always love to hear what people make for their families to eat...do you plna a lot of meals in advance? What are some of your families' favorites? I'm always looking for a way to fill up my teenagers.
Awesome blog & giveaway! I found you through ubp09 and I would love to hear about how to get started going green. I'm a total newbie and to be honest. It sounds so complicated. I would love to get rid of some toxins in our home & lifestyle.
I tweeted the giveaway!
http://twitter.com/lilmommax4/statuses/1364415683
Fun, who doesn't love Amazon! My tip would be to keep a pack of baby wipes in the bathroom to do quick cleanups daily in there. Also have a little cubby under the sink with window cleaner to wash the windows as well.
subscribe via google reader!
I am actually visiting from the party!! GReat blog you have and nice to meet you! As for a lil' tip? Well, don't sweat the small stuff (I almost typed "swear" LOL, Yes, need to work on that :( ) Thanks for the giveaway! Have a great week!
I'd love to read about more easy crafts for people like me who lack a craft gene. I'd love to be able to make some simple crafts myself like those great marble magnets but I need a step-by-step tutorial with pictures to guide me along.
Another of my favorite things to read about are decorating on a dime and garage sale finds. I've found some real treasures at thrift stores too and I love reading about other people's "finds". One of the best things I found was a huge lamp that is decorated with metal llamas on it; I swear no one else has a lamp like this one! Everyone comments on it when they see it and I only paid $15 for it because the globe on the top was broken..I just bought a lampshade at the store for it.
shel704 at aol dot com
I'm hopping over from UBP- it's nice to stop in a visit with you...you have a lovely blog.
Tracy
I have to admit, I'm sure I'm not the first one to do this, and I saw it on Robin Miller (Food Network), but I chop the 'dry' veggies (peppers, zucchini, onions, carrots... doesn't really work with potatoes, tomatoes, etc) when I get home and put them in individual 'meal kits' so that I save time chopping at dinner time.
A tip I learned to make all my baby's food was to just make extra of what we are eating and then freeze some for later to use for him...it works great and hardly takes any additional time!
What works for me is reading blogs written by other women who have the same values that I do managing their families. I have received great encouragement and practical tips in doing so. My biggest challenge is not spending too much time doing this and neglecting my family in the process. :)
I'm a subscriber!
So many good tips on your site. Would be interested in help with menu planning -something I've yet to master.
Wow, a giveaway, too? You go all out for your blog parties, huh? :o) Hmmm... a tip that works for me? I buy ground beef in bulk and repackage into half lb or one lb portions. (I put them into little ziploc baggies, and spread the meat out as thinly as possible, making sure to get it into each corner and zipping it sealed. Then when I need meat for a meal, it thaws quickly! :o)
Oh, I subscribe to your blog, too! :o)
crafty stuff for older boys?
https://twitter.com/valerie2350/status/1366307608
I subscribed. Nice little blog you have here.
Wow -- great giveaway. Thanks!
My best tip is to go through your mail on a daily basis and put into three piles. One for bills, one for trash/shred and one to keep for later. I keep three baskets for just this purpose. Then over the weekend I file everything down again....set the bills up for bill pay, shred or throw away items that need to be tossed and file away the items that I need to keep by category (health, car, insurance, ect). That helps me with clutter and I have found saves me time in the long run.
Making a Task list and sticking to it has proved invaluable to me!
Thanks for this great giveaway!
callmeabookworm at gmail dot com
One thing we like to do is the 15 minute clean up. We tell the kids that we are setting 15 minutes on the microwave timer. The rule is you have to be working. We run around and put away things, wipe down counters, sweep, etc. It's amazing how good things look afterwards. Even my 2 year old gets into it and thinks it's fun.
My best tip is to have "stations" for stuff to be collected in before it is completely put away, such as mail. I toss things in a designated spot to keep them neat until I have time to really file them away.
laurakcowan/at/gmail/dot/com
My tip is to use the crock pot to cook. I use my crock pot on the days that I have late meetings and it takes all the pressure off when I get home.
Hello! Poppin’ in from The Ultimate Blog Party…all the way from Queensland, Australia! G’Day! I hope you have time to visit my party soon.
Amazon Gift Card! Whoo Hoo!
Ta!
Hi, coming over from UBP. I'm trying to visit all the blogs. Right now, if I visit 149 per day in the next 7 days I'll make it. I'm hoping for long nap times for the next 7 days! Anyway, it is really nice to meet you and your blog. I have a toddler learning blog myself where we do a lot of learning activities and have fun. Blogs are my favorite way to spend time. They've totally replaced magazines for me. So nice to meet you! Have a magical day!
I'd love a gardening for beginners post because I'm putting out my first garden this year. I have no supplies!
My best tip that works for me and my home is stick to the same schedule everyday.
Even on the weekend I get up at the same time as the week. I don't sleep in, it messes up my whole schedule. Takes me 2 or 3 days to get back on schedule and I feel like crud then.
I am having a blast at the Blog Party. So many wonderful blog with such great recipes, giveaways, money saving tips, and so much more. The people are all fantastic.
Thanks for inviting me to stop by your blog. Have fun!!!
nice to meet you I will be following you
Happy UBP
happy party!
love your subtitle! :-)
one tip; flylady.net. :-) & menu planning (which i think you do)...and try to do something healthy for yourself at least 1x a week...that'll make you a more content mommy. ;-)
wow, look at all of those unbelievable, never-before-heard tips. ;-) hahaha
Probably the best tip I have is one I read in a book. If it takes 5 minutes or less to do smeothing that needs to be done -- do it now don't put it off. This really works.
Thanks for the giveaway!
Kimspam66(at)yahoo(dot)com
My tip is to simplify life - get rid of the clutter and enjoy the little things in life.
Thanks for the giveaway!
My best tip is to just write a weekly schedule every week. I think if I didn't I would never accomplish anything!
Nice to meet you and thanks for a great giveaway!
My tip would be put everything away when you are done with it. Makes cleaning much easier. I'm sure it would work for me if I was better at it!LOL. I would also like to invite you to link to Show off your blog Saturday! I would love to read your favorite post!
Thanks for the giveaway. Your blog looks great. The one thing I have been working on is being more "green" So I would love to read more educational posts about different ways to accomplish that.
The tip that works for me is I use Olive Oil to take my make-up off. It works great and leaves my skin so soft.
It's great to meet you! What a wonderful blog. Hope you have a wonderful bloggy party!
Angie -- LOVE the look of the header of your blog. I didn't even know you had a blog! Am very curious about your adventures in homeschooling and faith.
ChinaMommy Deb
Looks like you have a great blog! My favorite tip is my menu planner with library pockets - this has worked so much better for me than writing my menus down on paper, white board, the computer, etc!
http://runwatchplaywait.blogspot.com/2008/11/menu-planning.html
Thanks for the giveaway!
Hi! Very nice to meet you! What a great blog!!! Happy UBP!
Hi, Angie! First, let me say that I admire you for homeschooling. I would love to be home with my little one, but circumstances have not allowed it. Then some days, after ten years of being a public educator, I think...hmmm...20 something 1st, 2nd, or 3rd graders...or one four year old??? Which is more difficult?? Hehehe...so kudos to you! It is so important that we be our children's number one teacher - and YOU are going above and beyond.
As far as a household tip...I've just recently gotten into going green and I'm always trying to save money, so I tried a tip I found in my Martha Stewart magazine which said to use half of a lemon and spread a paste on it made from dish washing soap and baking soda - use it to scrub sinks and tubs and of course, rinse well. It's inexpensive, free of those harsh fumes that most kitchen/bath cleaners have, AND it smells great! Gotta love that! :)
Happy partying!
Thanks for the giveaway! Tips... well, I know I try to just take it as it comes. I don't stress schedules or time frames too much when it comes to parenting. We try to be very flexible! :)
Hi! One thing that works for me is menu planning!
One of the main reasons that I started cruising blogs was for the recipes and menu planning ideas. That is one thing that really has been a great help--menu planning. Even though I don't always follow them, it is a big help. We don't eat out as much and I think my planning has helped with the grocery budget also!
I'm a subscriber via email & I really enjoy reading your blog!
Hi, stopping by from the party. Nice to meet you.
To get something sticky off the carpet try using an iron and paper towel. Place the paper towel on the sticky substance and iron the paper towel.
Hope you have fun at all the parties. Please stop by if you get a chance.
Our house is overrun with school supplies and I don't even homeschool! To tame the chaos I converted the dining room in to a computer room/homework room. I have a book shelf of workbooks. A multidrawer unit for crayons, pencils, scissors, gluesticks, rulers. Everyting has a home is our motto. Of course we stil lose things constantly, but it is a goal at least.
I subscribd to your blog in BlogLines.
Stopping by to say hello from the UBP! I would love to see more about how you homeschool and have it count for college? I am pretty confused about all of that!
I'm stopping by to say hello. Love the title of your blog. Great to meet you!
Tania @ Larger Family Life
Hi Angie, nice to meet you. I'm glad I came and get to know you a little plus be entered in your giveaway! :-)
I live outside of the US so an Amazon GC is perfect! Oh and you and invited to my party, in Dubai! :-)
Hi!
So great to meet you :)
Best tip:
I leave most of the tidying (toys and stuff) until the end of the day. Otherwise I feel like all I'm doing is cleaning up.
I'd love to hear more on homeschooling...we're thinking of starting next year :)
Hi there! I'm here with the party. I enjoyed looking at your blog. I was homeschooled growing up and it was the best thing my parents ever did for me! So, way to go. :)
Tip time: If I don't feel like doing a chore I set a timer for 10 minutes and commit to doing that chore until the timer beeps. At that point, I am usually motivated enough to keep working away at it.
Found you through the UBP. I love your blog, and just subscribed! =)
~Kate
"Which Proverbs 14:1 Woman?"
http://proverbs14-1.blogspot.com
Hi Angie - I'm Jennifer. I have two little guys and I am planning on homeschooling. I want to learn all I can about homeschooling so I'm "prepared". It's a little scary thinking about it but also very exciting. God Bless!
http://childhoodasthma.wordpress.com/
Thanks for the giveaway! What's something that works for me? 3 laundry baskets in the laundry room, and all 3 kids plus my dh know how to sort the laundry (not always perfectly...but it helps tremendously). #1 is jeans, #2 is whites, and #3 is everything else. It takes the guesswork out of which load I need to do first, and things don't (literally!) pile up as often.
I subscribe, too, via email (abbottschool@...).
It's nice to meet you. I'm a mom of two (ages 5 and 3), and we are homeschooling too. Happy Blog Party!
Hi! Nice to meet you Angie! I work with autistic kids, so I enjoyed reading about your son.
What works for me around the house is taking things one thing at a time and not letting myself get overwhelmed. If I tell myself I have to clean the whole entire house, I get so overwhelmed I do nothing. Instead I tell myself ok, I'm going to clean the kitchen now, and so on. Thanks for hosting the contest!
I just found your blog and am enjoying looking around. I'd love to read more about time management tips related to homeschooling. (I'm a homeschooling mom as well.)
I save all of my sons' old socks that get holes in them to use for dusting. They're especially good on things with lots of designs because I can get into the crevices with my fingers.
Nice to meet you! I am also a homeschooling mom. We have entered into gardening, living more green, and many other similarities. I would love to get to know you better! :)
Thanks for the contest as well!
Have a great day!
Hi Angie! So nice to meet you. Just blog hopping in through the party link list.
Stop in on my party if you've got a minute!
Thanks for hosting a blog party. You are clearly a very popular blogger. We recently moved and this year we have enough sunlight in our yard for growing veggies. I cannot wait to grow them! I look forward to getting to know you better as the party settles down.
Hi, I'm here from the UBP - I've enjoyed reading your blog.
Hmm, what works for me...keeping a bottle of vinegar/water solution (1:1) with a few drops of lemongrass essential oil under each bathroom sink and in the kitchen - I use this to clean everything: mirrors, windows, counters, kitchen table, stovetop...it's simple, cheap, and has no harmful junk in it!
Love your blog, found it when looking for mommies going green..
Want to enter giveaway, of course.. :)
What works for us at home? We have four different boxes to sort types of recycling that my son has painted and decorated. This keeps him excited and interested every time we dispose of something.
jmjackman (at) gmail (dot) com
Tweeted
http://twitter.com/babygrey
jmjackman (at) gmail (dot) com
cleaning with a vinegar solution has saved lots of money - plus it is natural
Stopping by from UBP to say "hi" - party on :-)
carma
One household tip that works for me is using used dryer sheets to clean soup scum off the tub.
Glad to stop by. Enjoy the party!
Jessie
I subscribed via e-mail. Welcome to the party! I joined in as well. Check out my blog for the Girly Giveaway Extravaganza!
I would like to see more articles about cooking, such as recipes. My idea of cooking is heating up a slice of pizza in the microwave lately so it would be nice to get some tips!
Party hopping and enjoyed your site.
My tip: buy the clear plastic shoe boxes (lots). We use each one for a different thing: first aid kit, batteries, pens & pencils, stickers, extra toothbrushes & toothpaste, string & yarn, etc....
They stack nicely and you can see what is inside.
Thanks for inviting me to the party.
I guess my biggest tip is crockpot cooking. It is wonderful and takes so little time and tastes SOOOO good!
mommyhoodisthankless{AT}gmail.com
tweet: http://twitter.com/wastebasket/statuses/1392851928
Hi Angie - great blog. I subscribed and would love to be entered in your contest.
kathleen (at) momsaves (dot) com
when medical reasons kept me from the big garden I just potted my tomatoes and put them outside my back door so I could still enjoy fresh veggies.
I subscribed to your blog
I always have a pretty front flower bed - it brightens my day when I pull in the driveway and see my pretty pansies! Can't wait to do my bed for summer!
Thanks
Sarah
believedreamcourage (at) gmail.com
To kill germs...I put rubbing alchol on a cotton ball & wipe off light switches, door knobs, cabinet handles & toilet flush handle.
I'd love to win the giveaway. I like the blog title with blessings in it. We refer to our children as "blessings"...we have 6 blessings.
priscillawallace at sbcglobal dot net
I came here via the Ultimate Blog Party. Nice to meet you!
What works for my life is trusting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, obeying God's Word (the Bible), and praying.
serving_theKingofkings@yahoo.com
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/servingtheKingofkings/ (my main blog)
what a fun blog you have! :) thanks for such a generous giveaway as well! :)
one tip that works for me at home is cooking up way more meat than we can eat in one meal (a 5 lb roast instead of a 3 lb roast, for example) and then stretching the leftovers into 2 or 3 additional meals (burritos, bbq beef, and soup) :)
hope you enjoy the final day of UBP!
the great adventure
Cruising through from the UBP to say hi :) What works for me around the house is delegate the chores and responsibilities.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com
I became a email subscriber.
tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com
What works for me is not to fight my mom on the big stuff. I'm working on letting go of my pride or what I want to do, do what she asks, and she's happy and I'm happy because she's happy, and life moves on at a much smoother pace.
Kiki
ParkingGoddessFTW at gmail dot com
Post a Comment