
For lots of great tips and ideas (this week is the "Mom, I'm bored" Edition!), be sure to visit Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer!
When my bigger kids were little, I saw a fabulous idea in Family Fun Magazine.
It was to take a canvas bag (you can inexpensivesly find them at W*l-Mart) and mark off a square in the middle by making a large duct tape frame.
Then, let the kids have at that square with paints. They can paint a picture or if they are little, just paint some abstract art.
When they are done, pull off the duct tape frame, and all the paint should just be in the square in the middle!
We then put the little one's name and the year under the picture, and it was a wonderful Christmas present for grandparents! But, this could be a great project for sitting around in the summer time too!
(If you're looking for another fun and cheap craft idea, check out my post yesterday about decorating plates that you buy from Goodwill for less than $1 each!)
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Art Project for Kids: Painting on Canvas Bags (WFMW)
Posted by Angie @ Many Little Blessings at 10:17 PM
Labels: arts and crafts, children, gifts, learning ideas/activities, WFMW
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Great idea! I love the idea of taping it off! Thanks for sharing~
Toni
Great idea! Hopefully, this will be our answer for Father's day in a few years. If I can remember it for that long :o)
Great for making them each their own library bag for the summer.
Thanks!
I like this!! My kids are 2,3 and 4 so they are at the age where they love to tote all their toys around in bags.
Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment