Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday Night Link Round Up: September 6th Edition

Simple Mom, as always, posted an amazing resource this week -- her favorite online tools for home management. If you are not regularly reading Simple Mom, you are missing out on a lot of great content!

If you're a homeschooler (or just want to have some fun, educational things to do with your preschooler), be sure to check out Guilt-Free Homeschooling's article on Preschoolers' Educational School Time Activities. These would be great for preschool teachers as well -- be sure to go take a peek!

What does it say about me that I have never tried hollandaise sauce? Well, regardless, reading (and looking at pictures!) at The Pioneer Woman Cooks about her blender hollandaise sauce makes me think about giving it a try!

If you've ever though about making lapbooks (or just want to see what lapbooks are all about!), somebody really neat an excellent writer I wrote up a Thursday Thirteen of links to lapbooking resources this week at The Homeschool Classroom.

The Crafty Crow posted about Woodsie Robots at her site. These are a hoot, and I think they are definitely on our "to do" list for projects. I think the kids will love them!

Have a favorite children's story book? Make some of the illustrations into Storybook Puzzle Blocks (or maybe her homemade puzzles are more your speed)! And, as long as we're talking about fun things at Chasing Cheerios, be sure to check out the Shoe Wash as well! We had planned to do this, but then threw all of our Crocs in the washing machine instead.

Does menu planning leave you scratching your head? Be sure to pop over to A Simple Walk and check out both of her posts listing her master menu plan. You'll get amazing ideas for everything from breakfast to your late night snacks.

I can't imagine there is anything funky about this chicken. Maybe it's describing the way my stomach sounds as it growls while looking at the picture! If Funky Chicken with Sesame Noodles sounds like something you'd like, go visit Divine Domesticity.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo by A.H.1987

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Love reading your blog Angie! I clean our Crocs in the dishwasher - have never tried the washing machine, I guess I'll give it a whirl sometime!

Come stop by my blog and pick up your award will you?

Kellie said...

Great batch of links! I especially enjoyed the Woodsie Robots! I'm sending that site on to our Art teacher at school.