Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Kitchen Counter Clutter Is Driving Me Crazy

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

I have been so overwhelmed by several areas of my house. One of these areas of my house (which always seems to be a disaster) is my kitchen counter. There is just so much open space, and it just begs for things to be set on it.

So, this weekend, I tackled my kitchen counter. I took the before picture, and I have to admit, it doesn't look nearly as bad as it was. But, trust me -- it was. When you have that long of a counter in a very public area of the house, having just a little clutter on every square inch of it looks terrible.

I didn't do a quickie cleaning though. I went through every paper. If it had dates that needed to be written down, I sat down and wrote them in my planner. I threw away a garbage bag full of trash! And, I shredded a huge stack of papers.

I even went into my teeny tiny craft room and did a teeny tiny bit of organizing, in order to grab out a paper organizer (for letter sized paper, not scrapbook paper) to move onto the kitchen counter where I figured I needed it more.

I also did a bunch of dishes, rinsed out and recycled about 10 soda cans as well as a few other things that were waiting to go out to the recycing bins

After I finished, my kitchen looked bigger. Heck...it probably was!



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

11 comments:

Robyn said...

Great tackle! I feel like as soon as I clean my counter or anything... it's cluttered again! OH well.... thats what Tackle it Tuesday is for right? lol

Anonymous said...

Awesome tackle!

Frugal Finds said...

Great tackle! My counter top is a gathering place for school papers and garden tomatoes. I know it is still under there somewhere!!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

nice! it's really inviting when it's clean isn't it?!

Susie said...

What a great tackle!! Isn't it strange how every empty surface in your house instantly becomes a dumping ground. I love the huge purge:-)

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

You did an incredible job - that's a great space!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a huge difference!

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

I adore your space! Even the before was nice and cozy looking! Great tackle, though! Must feel so good!

Check out my tackle - Christmas! Eek!!! lol

scrapper al said...

You did great! Now can you come over and help me?

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a major tackle. Doesn't your mind feel a lot clearer when your counters are clean? (For some reason, my mind works that way!)

Anonymous said...

You should put a real nice center piece in the middle. That way no one would want to put anything near it. The might be afraid to break it or hiding.