I haven't been working on making Rosaries as much as I would like lately. Or, maybe I have, now that I think of it. It's just some of them were custom made for people, and others were gifts, so they never made it online.
Here are some of the single and five decade Rosaries that I have made -- two that are in my Etsy shop right now, and two that I donated to an online auction to raise money for buying Christmas gifts for families that were having a hard time this last year.
This red and black single decade Rosary is in my Etsy shop right now. I really dug the focal bead, and was pleased to get to use it.
Okay -- I'll admit it, I love this Rosary. I might have to keep it, though I have listed it in my Etsy shop. Because I used blue flower glass beads, I paired those up with a St. Therese centerpiece. (Get it? Because St. Therese is "The Little Flower?" And the Our Father beads have flowers in them too!)
This was one of the Rosaries that I donated to that online auction. It didn't photograph as well as I would have liked. It was prettier in person, and Misty in California who won it loved it! Plus -- I bet it helped buy one gift for a child, and that's the best part!
This Rosary also helped to provide some Christmas presents for kids. It was also something that went from bidder to bidder throughout the auction. But, the nice thing is that not only did it help give someone a Christmas gift, but the gal that really wanted it (who didn't win it) ended up receiving one just like it! A friend of hers asked me to make a custom Rosary just for her. What a happy ending!





















2 comments:
Those are beautiful! Where do you get your rosary parts? I've thought about making them, but the sites I've seen have been really expensive.
Also, do you have any sacrifice beads? (that have beads you can move up and down)
You are so talented! I especially love that 2nd one. So gorgeous.
How did you ever get started on making rosaries?
Post a Comment