Thursday, January 10, 2008

Calls from school scare me!

Around noon today, I got a phone call from the school. I have to admit, each time the school name pops up on the Caller ID, I get nervous. I never think the boys are in trouble, but am always more worried about illness or injury.


So...with that in my mind, I pick up the phone and it is the Nurse's Office aide (whom I have talked with extensively before at school and at Walmart, where we seem to occasionally run into each other). Great, I think! At least I was about to leave the house anyway.


She said who it was, and I said, "Is this is a bad phone call?"


"Oh no," she went on, "It's a very exciting phone call. I have a young man who wants to talk to you." She then handed the phone to one of my sons and I heard her say, quietly, "Tell her who it is."


But, no, I had to ask, since they sound so similar on the phone, especially when all I got was a "Hi Mom."


So, then I said, "Is this Jack?"


"Yep!"


"What's up, Jack?" (I had a guess, but didn't want to ask specifically, in case I was wrong.)


He then excitedly said without pausing in between words, "I LOST MY FIRST TOOTH IN THE CAFETERIA TODAY!"


He is 6 1/2 and I didn't even know that he had any loose teeth. It seemed that he would never lose a tooth, especially since Noah started losing teeth at the age of five (three months shy of being six).


Jack and I celebrated some on the phone, and then he wanted to keep chatting, but both the aide and I told him that he needed to go out to recess.


I have to admit -- I can't wait to see him when he gets home! And, I hear that the tooth fairy already has a very exciting (and too expensive) surprise for him to celebrate this very first tooth.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

tickledpink.nicole said...

Woo hoo! Momentous occassion! I taught first grade for years, and we would graph how many teeth our class would lose each year.

Mimi said...

Whohooooo! That's so exciting!

Jodi @ Happy House Quilts said...

that's awesome! Congrats to Jack!

scrapper al said...

Congrats to Jack! Hope he enjoys his visit from the tooth fairy.