Monday, January 5, 2009

A helpful boy

On a recent trip to Walmart with my parents, Noah went through the line with them, and Eric and the other kids and I all went through another line. When we met up, my Mom filled me in on what happened at their check out.

She told me that Noah had been doing little things to try to help the cashier. At the end, she commented on what a helpful boy he is.

And do you know what my beautifully sweet boy said to her?

"I just like to be helpful. That's just the way I'm being raised."

Needless to say, even though pride is a sin, I was beaming with it as we walked out of Walmart, while saying a prayer of thanks for being blessed with such a wonderful son.


(On a side note, I have to say that I sometimes hate the way people stare at Noah when he is stimming from his Autism, but his truly geniune nature is one of the many reasons that I wouldn't take away the Autism if someone offered it up as a possibility tomorrow. How blessed our lives are to have him!)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

A Christian Mom said...

Awww... I would've been beaming wiht pride, as well!

Mandy said...

That's such a wonderful thing to hear! You obviously can tell you guys are teaching your children the right things. Way to go Mom!

Mimi said...

So sweet, and I agree, way to go!

Anonymous said...

It is really great testimony. I have never met an autistic person in my life, but we learned a little bit about Autism at school and there are sometimes reports about them on TV. Also I watched a film about autistic person, I don`t remember the name, but there was his brother Tom Cruise. I liked the film very much. I wish, we all would be also as strong, patient, loving, great and helpful as their mothers are...to make their children happy.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post so much, it inspired me to leave you an award on my blog. ;-) Have a great week!