Monday, January 26, 2009

Messie No More Book Giveaway

Just for fun, since the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival is just so darn my fun, I thought that in addition to the $25 Amazon.com Gift Card Giveaway, I would throw in one more giveaway this week!

You can win the book Messie No More by Sandra Felton.

The description from the back of the book reads:

Want a neat and orderly home but don't know how to organize? Need to reduce stress and clutter? Would you like to spend less time cleaning and still have an inviting house?

You can have all of these things, with the help of Sandra Felton, the Organizing Lady! Her foolproof advice on home organization will show you how to become Messie No More.

This drawing (unlike my other one) is open to U.S. residents (with U.S. addresses) only. This post will be closed to comments on Saturday, January 31st at 9:30 am EST.

To enter this contest, just leave a comment on this post with one area of household management that you have the most difficulty with (whether because it's actually difficult, or just because you have a hard time getting around to it). (Comments without this in them will not be entered into the drawing.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

102 comments:

tara said...

oh, my closets. I start out with such good intentions...

Anonymous said...

Toys, toys, toys! I need some help cleaning out and keeping my childrens' toys organized.

Thanks for the chance!
Megret
musesofmegret (at) gmail (dot) com

SMG2008 said...

If I posted one area, there would be no room for anyone else to make any comments, but I guess I'll start with the LAUNDRY.

Stacey

Ryane said...

Papers! Piles of papers (bills, coupons, artwork, etc.) taking over every surface. Definitely need to work on this.

Thanks for doing the giveaway.

Tonya said...

Kids stuff,nothing in particular.ALL their stuff,they seem to think there is a fairy who picks up their stuff,and it must be the fairy's month(or year)off,lol.No seriously,they give me heck about getting their stuff ALL THE WAY TO THEIR ROOMS.You would think their rooms are in the North Pole somewhere the way they can fuss.

Anonymous said...

I love recipes, and although I have a few cook books, I normally print off recipes from the internet or jot down quick ones from friends. I always have the best of intentions on creating a nice, organized place for them, but they all end up in my junk drawer in the kitchen!

Thanks for the chance to win this book!

Deanna
deanna (DOT) franks (AT) bxs (DOT) com

Robin said...

I have a problem with Paper Clutter in my home. From mail, to fliers from 3 schools, to anything that comes into my home that needs to be filed etc.
I would love a copy of this book.
Thanks,
Robin
robin@getiw.com

Lori said...

Sweeping and mopping floors--I dread it, and not because we have a lot to do, I've just always hated it.

lkziegler[at]gmail[dot]com

Anonymous said...

um, yeah, can I say everywhere? seeing as how I just spent an hour standing practically motionless in the organization area of Target trying to figure out what-oh-what to do.... I think I need help. Kid's room is hard. no doubt. office/dining room area too.

chelsea at chelseahudson dot com

Sarah said...

The kitchen-Its my least favorite thing to clean-but the one thing I know I have to do every day and I hate it!

Unknown said...

The spare room is a disaster!

bridget3420(at)yahoo(dot)com

Lynne said...

The whole house!! I really need to get a handle on my kitchen and office...oh and the bedroom! Crud, there is just too many places that need help ;)

Heather said...

I HATE cleaning bathrooms and my stove. Hate it!

Megan said...

i HATE doing the dishes. They sit until the hubby does them

onourwayonline.com

Anonymous said...

I need help with the laundry...it takes over!
-Kim

Janelle said...

Paper is my problem. My filing gets totally out of control, recipes I print off the 'net never seem to get organized, kids' papers pile up everywhere...it's a never-ending mess!!

Unknown said...

I have a hard time keeping my closet clean and organized, I just have to many clothes but there so pretty and someday I hope to fit into most of them again :) Thanks for entering me! unforgetable_dreamer_always AT hotmail DOT com

aggiemomof2 said...

By the front door! I've got a table, baskets, hooks, but I can't keep it from overflowing! Everything gets dumped as soon as we come in the door. HELP!
sylviarj@yahoo.com

janetfaye said...

The closets are the hardest for me.

Thank you!

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

rindagirl said...

I need help with kitchen drop-off clutter. Managing food items, paperwork, kid stuff and other things that just get left in the kitchen drives me crazy! Love to hear how other families manage this. :)

-Lorinda

Modern Catholic Mom said...

Closets.. they are filled with things that I can't seem to part with but seriously don't need. Thanks!
freeman1737@netscape.net

Re said...

i dont mop at all. and i dont like cleaning AT ALL lol Mostly, i need to organize our basement area where the kids play at.I'm having so much fun making friends and blog-hopping again this year.

Thanks for such a generous giveaway! I hope I'm chosen as the lucky winner!!!

Mercy said...

You know...I was talking to a friend just today on the fact that I struggle with allowing myself to actually live clean. I can have everything done (done done) but I have to leave the counters dirty or floors or something just to affirm to myself that I could never actually BE clean. If this makes ANY sense at all.

Anyway, I'm getting lots better. I mean I keep a pretty clean house now. It's just that there has always been some kind of emotional rebellious block standing in my way.

I know I'm getting all deep.

I could just say...it's those kids toys that get me. (And, I wouldn't be fibbing either!)

Thanks for the giveaway. I'm not sure if I've read her book, but I love housekeeping books of any kind. ;o)

...why don't I just go ahead and write a book right here on your comments section why don't I? Sorry.

April said...

Our playroom.bonus room always looks so hodge p[odge!!

aprilwatkins(at)hotmail(dot)com

Yard Sale Princess said...

I have a hard time with the kitchen counters. They become dumping sites for the mail, my purse, the kids school work, the kids' collections of stuff, unfinished projects....... It drives my husband crazy and I find myself just moving the piles around when I clean. HELP!
yardsaleprincess1@yahoo.com

tatertot374 said...

My attic..When I need stuff out of the way to the attic it goes so its a mess right now. THank you!
tatertot374@sbcglobal.net

Jean said...

I'm the same way as alot of folks with the paper clutter and just stuff strewn everywhere from everyone. Backpacks, papers, mail it's just chaos. This sounds like a great book to start.

Nicole said...

For sure our guest room closet! All the clothes my daughter has outgrown somehow end up piled in there!

Anonymous said...

I would say the garage.
pkildow at gmail dot com

sunnymum said...

I am overwhelmed by leftovers...I don't do so well with meal planning or reinventing leftovers, so the fridge always has a plethora of unmarked plastic containers. Thanks for the chance to win!

Thrifty and Chic Mom said...

My kids toys are so hard to keep organized, thanks for the giveaway

rebecca said...

I agree with the paper messies. And, just general clutter. I have TOO MUCH stuff.


gitrecca at gmail dot com

Kristy said...

My laundry room! I never keep up with that.

Alicia said...

My paperwork!

Thanks for the giveaway >^..^<

Anonymous said...

My desk is usually pretty bad with papers and clutter
KawaiiNeko2008 (at) aol (dot) com

Anonymous said...

The hardest room for me to keep clean and organized is the master bedroom. I just close the door and leave the mess alone. I feel like I'm just always trying to get the living room, kitchen and bathroom clean.

palmersf(at)bellsouth.net

JD said...

I have notebooks EVERYWHERE:(

jdmimi at gmail dot com

An iMperfect wIfe said...

The paper clutter.... it's so hard to keep track of. I need to file it away, or make a call...so i put it aside...

It just piles up with the magazines I've been meaning to read and the papers that I've been jotting down notes on!

Jenny

Sheila Hickmon said...

I have a hard time with laundry! I can get it done, but I can never get it put away in time!

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

closets shhhhh

Kelly said...

Um... ONE area? Yeah... ok. how about the WHOLE HOUSE!?!?! Sigh. Ok, but seriously... if I had to pick the thing that is the absolute worst, it would be the craft area, because it's in a separate room and only gets used occasionally, so it's low priority and thus gets neglected in favor of the areas we use every day. In the everyday living spaces, the paper clutter is totally out of control; the toys are taking over the house but at least they have places to be put away in!

Anonymous said...

My kitchen cabinets.
M. Waters
svnhm1@yahoo.com

Lisa said...

I absolutely hate folding clothes, I have three small children so it is very tedious!

taysmommy said...

the office! I swear I have no clue how so much junk piles up so quick!

ry13_2000@yahoo.com

Lori M said...

I would say it's all the kids, but then I think of my messy desk in the basement. Messy. Messy. Messy. Thanks for the chance.

scrappylori at gmail dot com

Erin said...

It would be the kitchen cabinet!

Staci A said...

Dishes are the worst! I just can't keep up with them. And the toys that have taken over the living room are another definite issue. princess3sah(at)cs(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I can clean just fine but I do not have a mind that knows how to organize. My bedroom is pretty bad.

Shirley said...

The hardest area in my home for me is the Craft/Computer Room. It seems that no matter how much I try to organize and clean it just gets worse. Help!!!!!!!!

Jenny said...

The biggest challenge for me is finding time to tackle all these projects that need to be done! Thanks for the chance to win.

Erica said...

I need help with everything but my craft supplies would be the first area to deal with!

flmom said...

Toys are definitely my biggest organizational challenge.

punkinmama said...

My biggest problem to overcome is: clutter! It just piles up seemingly out of nowhere!

Cresent Moon said...

The area I need help is with paper, I have bills, coupon, recipies (piles and piles) everywhere!!! I would love to figure out what to do with it all!

Thanks for the great giveaway!

lovetoread60@yahoo.com

http://miraclesbelieveinthem.blogspot.com/

Erika Powell said...

its not that its hard I just really hate cleaning the bathroom

mindy said...

it would have to be clutter i went from 4000 sf to 300 sf temporarily and i did throw out a lot but the rest is overwhelming thanks for the giveaway

Julie said...

My family room is always messy! We are always in there and it never seems to stay clean.

islandgirl said...

HELLO! The bathrooms! I HATE HATE HATE cleaning them,SO GROSS!

demmi said...

organizing my craft room con5459(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

The bedroom...because it's where all the other mess gets tossed to when company comes.

ecaria at hotmail dot com

Miranda Ward said...

My kids closet..

Michelle said...

my kitchen cabinets and pantry. even when I toss a ton of tupperware that I hardly use there still isn't enough space. but its not like I can purge much of my kitchen items, I need them to cook!
mpelosi@partners.org

Unknown said...

Mopping my floors. With two little boys constantly running around, I just never seem to get around to it.
frog123 (at) cyipcom (dot) net

corinnama said...

papers papers papers...

Unknown said...

My mom used this book when she still had all 8 children at home.

My most challenging area of cleaning is motivation to do the mundane things. I love the projects, but the things like dishes and laundry that have to be done over and over and over again. . . well, I just don't feel like doing them sometimes! (Course I do them anyways, but....)

rlgrady said...

I really need to clean out my refrigerator, but I just can't get motivated.

rlgrady[at]yahoo[dot]com

Erika said...

I would love to win this! Our next topic at my moms group is organizing, what a great way to be able to share ideas! My challenge is just getting everything done each week. It seems like the laundry never ends and the piles don't get any smaller.

AudreyO said...

I need to better organize my drawers. I end up with too many unorganized junk drawers.

Lori A. said...

Clutter! I live in clutter-ville! If there's a flat surface, it gets filled. LOL

ljatwood at gmail dot com

valerie2350 said...

the kitchen - the clutter keeps multiplying

Jinxy and Me said...

I can never get ahead of the mail and paper clutter.

A family of boys said...

i need the most help with all the hidden little areas of the house...closets, cupboards, etc...

Unknown said...

The laundry is my nemesis. Thanks for the chance to win.

wildflower00 said...

Household organization is my biggest weakness

Thank you for being part of the Bloggy giveaway. We all appreciate it.
texasgirl(at)rocketmail(dot)com

Becca said...

It's my job to clean out the fridge and I just get overwhelmed and don't do it as often as I should. This book sounds great, thanks! sbcashortie (at) hotmail (dot) com

torinem said...

All my kids' stuff! We live in a very small apartment and they have lots of grandparents that love to buy for them and we just don't have the space!!!

tornem(at)yahoo.com

Lindsey said...

kids rooms...oh, man.

Daintry said...

My guestroom/craftroom! I need to learn how to organized it without losing the two functions it serves!

Thanks for the chance to win, and the great giveaway!

AmeliaB said...

Not putting ANYTHING away when I'm done!

amelia2007b(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Actually every room has it's trouble spots but for some reason in this house it's the kitchen counter... Somehow every piece of paper, mail, mag, toy, etc finds it's way on the counter top.... wiicked13 [at] yahoo [dot] com

A Reader said...

Clutter is a huge issue.
Thanks for the giveaway!
kimspam66(at)yahoo(dot)com

Tammy said...

My laundry room is a disaster. For some reason I put everything in there, and then it gets to be overflowing. I can't believe I'm admitting this to someone I write for!

Jodi said...

Laundry, I just hate everything about it.

purehrt555(at)yahoo(dot)com

Ticopi said...

I have a hard time organizing my kitchen. I am never satisfied with the way I have filled the cabinets/drawers and I always have stuff that just won't fit!

Ginny said...

My kids toys

Kelly said...

I just keep WAY too much stuff. Then, when I get overwhelmed, I cannot decide where to start and I just sit on the couch and do none of it! I need a starting point and little goals, so this book sounds perfect for me. Thank you for the giveaway!

krtrumpet [at] aol [dot] com

Amber Tezel said...

Probably easier for me to say what I AM good at keeping up with in my house! haha!!

Lets see, the worst though is my closets for sure, laundry is a close second! ;)

Unknown said...

home office - i work from home so i have so many different things going on in there

Nicole said...

This is easy to answer - cleaning. I hate to clean, but I do it anyway. Wish I had a magic wand and it would just get done for me.

live42day said...

My biggest problem area would have to be my paper trail, a trail made up of piles of papers, and mail and who knows what all. I pile papers here and there, I box papers up, I bag papers up, I know I don't need most of this stuff, but yet the problem continues.
luckofdraw777(at)gmail(dot)com

Heather said...

The clutter from kid's toys is overwhelming.

kristin said...

i can get the laundry done, and folded in a couple of days, but then it sits in the laundry baskets and doesn't make it into the drawers and closets. grrr. It is my biggest pet peeve about myself.

The Domestic Diva Wanna-Be said...

We have good organization and storage for my kids but I CAN NOT get them to pick up after themselves! Someone save me from the insanity!

Thanks for the opportunity to win your giveaway.
Tammy
domesticdivawannabe@gmail.com

meddlingkidd said...

I would have to say laundry is my major downfall! Thanks for the chance to win!

Jen
meddlingkidd [at] aol.com

Donna said...

I need help organizing things.
donna444444@yahoo.com

the lambrights said...

i haaaate doing the dishes. we don't have a dishwasher and our draining board is pretty small. i dread it always.
button.lambright@gmail.com

Sarah said...

My Boyfriend's stuff! He makes nice neat stacks of things (like the stack of 3000 cds that is currently in our bedroom) but never puts things away or gets rid of anything.


www.firethehousewife.com

Kori said...

My goodness, I have so many issues that need to be addressed as far as house cleaning...but my worst so far is the kitchen bar. It is a total dumping ground! Everyone leaves their stuff there.

LeeAnn said...

I really struggle w/ storage space b/c we live in an old home with tiny closets!

Anonymous said...

I have 4 kids ages 7,4,3, and 1 month and 2 are in sports. I am a stay at home mom and seem to never have time to completely clean everything. If I tidy one room the others are a mess. I would like to know how to tidy it all up and keep it that way so we can come home after a long day of activities to a clean home.
marivel_orozco@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

My worst area in my house is the main room, the living room. I have pile sof magazines , clothes, papers, and whatever else, I need help figuring out things, this book would be great. Thanks, Godesseablu@msn.com

Anonymous said...

I have a hard time getting rid of stuff. I always feel like I might need it someday.
bkittie@hotmail.com