Saturday, August 23, 2008

So, are you clairvoyant or do you just like to watch sports?

Our whole family has really been enjoying following the Olympics. I have to admit, I have been watching it every night until the wee hours of the morning. Quite frankly, I know we'll miss it.

Noah just noticed that they mentioned Olympics.com on some of the commercials, and he wanted to check it out. So, after we brought the site up and got confused for a minute, and then realized that we had to click on the option to change it to English instead of Chinese, Noah wanted to dig right in and start watching videos.

But, then I went to a girls night out/baby shower, and didn't realize that Noah watched quite a lot of events on the computer. He was thrilled to tell me all about them when I got home.

Finally, at one point, he said, "Yeah, you know, Mom...it was...well, you know..."

"No, I don't know, Noah. What?"

(This is not an uncommon conversation for us to have, particularly if there is something distracting in the room -- like someone breathing.)

"Oh, you know. It was E.S.P."

I tried to think of how ESP tied into watching the Olympics on the computer. After a moment, I decided that perhaps I had figured it out.

"Noah, are you saying that you saw some sports on ESPN or that you know what was going to happen because you have E.S.P?"

"Oh yeah," he said in a long, drawn out voice, "ESPN. Yes, yes, that's it. I watched it on ESPN."

I couldn't decide what was funnier. Was it the ESP / ESPN confusion or the fact that our nine year old son that knows very little about sports and has parents that don't watch sports knew about ESPN.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny!