Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How to Boil Water Faster (WFMW # 53)



This week's tip is a quick and easy one. It seems almost silly to share it, but I will anyway.

Want your water to boil faster? Cover your pan with a lid while waiting for it to boil.

That's it. That's my quick and easy tip. It may be simple -- but it does work!








For lots of great tips, tricks, and ideas, head over to Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer!






photo by georgia.g

8 comments:

Grammy said...

Thats great thanks for the laugh I needed it. Have a great week.

Susie said...

It does work! I love that tip!!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

This is definitely an easy tip and one that works. :D Maybe that is why they say a watched pot never boils, because you have the lid off. :D

Anonymous said...

I started doing this last month and it really has saved a lot of time! Great tip - Less IS More. :o) Blessings, Whitney

Jerralea said...

Works for me!

Kate said...

I need to remember to do this more often. I always notice the Rachael Ray does it. She even said the other day, "a watched pot never boils, so put a lid on it." Makes perfect sense. And I know it works. Now if I could just remember to do it all the time!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Kate -- I have to admit, I know that I am doing it more often now because the lids of my pots are clear. That way, I can still see what's going on. ;)

scrapper al said...

Great reminder! DH doesn't believe that this works, so I have to remember to put the lid on.