Whew! I have been away from my blog, and it feels hard to just pop back on and start writing (especially while I'm yawning right now!).
So...here is a quick run down on the events of the last few days that have been keeping me busy...
I had my recheck on my underarm lump (info here and here). Since the lump was still there (and bigger) after the two weeks, I figured I was probably safe to go ahead and shave before my visit back to the nurse practitioner. The N.P. confirmed that the lump was, indeed, bigger than it was two weeks ago. She has referred me on for a diagnostic mammogram (with the possibilty of a breast ultrasound as well). The N.P. said that she thinks this is probably just a lymph node that is, as I suggested when she was looking for a word, "angry." Unfortunately, she did say that as long as all goes well with the tests, then I am suppose to go see a surgeon about said angry lymph node. Yuck! (Oh -- the tests are going to be next Wednesday!)
A month of planning came to an end yesterday evening after the ladies at our parish had their annual Spring Fling. And, although I had never even been to one of the Spring Flings before (since we only started going to the church last summer), I jumped in head first and not only attended, but also joined the committee. It was so much fun, and I enjoyed being able to be part of the event. As I told Eric when we were going to join the church, "If we're joining the church, we're doing this right and becoming involved in the parish." Oh -- and not only was the Spring Fling fun, but tasty too, since it was a carry in! Yum!
I did something for the first time ever on Monday night -- I took all three children on a big grocery shopping trip. Eric had a dinner meeting, and I knew I *had* to grocery shop. So, I took all three out, and we did a month's worth of grocery shopping. To my surprise (maybe because I always think of the boys being younger than they are), Noah and Jack were very good helpers, and even pushed an extra cart for me. Funny thing is that we bought two carts full of stuff at Walmart for $266. Then, I went to pick up some meat and a couple other things at Kroger today, and left with three bags -- for $46! Geesh!
Tonight was the last night of religious education for the school year. I was very pleased that my boys got to go up and get perfect attendance awards! (And even more pleased when Jack was the only kindergartner to get an award! They did both excellent attendance awards -- for only one absence -- and then perfect attendance awards. Several first graders did get awards, but Noah looked extra proud to be up front as well.) All the religious ed. kids made cards and/or gifts for their Moms, and the Moms all met their kids in the parish for the certificates, etc. We also all prayed the Rosary together. This was my most special time of the day. Not just for the sheer fact of praying the Rosary, but Noah said it all along with us. I felt so proud! And, by the fourth decade, I saw that Noah wanted to grab for my Rosary. So, he and I held it together and I helped him to understand when to move to the next bead (and then he got the flow of it, and knew it on his own). I was so taken back by it that I thought I might have to cry. But, then Jack was moving around and making clicking noises with his mouth, and it helped me to hold back the tears. Ha!
I believe the rest of my week promises to be busy as well. But, hopefully one of these days, things will quiet down.

4 comments:
I'll be praying for your test results to all come back negative and that it is nothing but an angry lymph node that needs to be removed. Sorry for not commenting before, I just recently got the google reader so I'll read through blogs and sometimes forget to comment. I don't think I like the reader except if I have to go out of town or am busy, then I can read through my regular blogs! It is not condusive for leaving comments lol! We recently registered at the parish here and hopefully when things start up again in the fall, I plan on getting involved. I was even thinking of becoming a lector.hmmmm we will see. I hope you have a great day!
Hugs
Aldara
Giggling at angry. However, I know how scary these things are (having had a biopsy earlier this year, and being the daughter of a woman who is fighting breast cancer for the second time).
Congratulations to your kids! And, whohoooo on the Spring Fling!
You are a brave, brave woman taking everyone grocery shopping, but sometimes we have to do what we have to do! That is so special that you got the chance to pray with your kids. I always enjoy that aspect of parenting!
I have found children are very drawn to the rosary. It has to be grace or even the presence of Our Lady in the room. Why else would young children be fascinated by the repetition of over 50 prayers? I think they can feel the inpouring of grace from it.
I will keep praying about the lump. It has to be nothing, I'm sure. God bless.
Post a Comment